Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Week 6 Reports

FINANCE
Finance team did nothing this week. there was nothing to do.

CURATION
Eep! Sorry this is late, my only excuse is that I've was frantically writing an essay last night that I've been stressing over for the past week.

Okay, so a report on this week:

Alex Muscat and also Will and Pat from the tech team went to have a look at the exhibition area and we got all the details we needed, I didn't get the oppertunity to tell the other Alex or Bec about it as it was arranged last minute and I knew Muscat was in his class so I could get him to come easy.

We talked a bit about how we are going to set everything up and Garry is going to send us a blueprint/ 3D model to make it easier to figure everything out.

That's all for now!

PRINT
Metting.
emailed print team twice.
emailed about the budget.
weekly report.
not much this week.
hope thats alright Ben,
Kate.

WEB
Did a little more work on the framework, not a lot though.

Mark and Anthony are still brainstorming, but we've got a pretty solid
idea of how we're going to lay the exhibition site out. Just need to
find out how we're going to make it look in accordance with print.

FILM
Finished a rough Storyboard.

We will assemble video's based on Team Name Alphabetically, and order of Game eg: Team A; Semester 1 game, Semester 2 game; Team B, ect...

However until I get a hold of a list of Teams and their games I won't be able to plan for time.
I'll be Harassing Will Owen for a copy his DC_Groups_info, so I can plan appropriately.

TECH
Ok, so this week me and Pat went with Rod and Alex from the curation team to check out the exhibit space and talk to Garry.
I put together a list of everything that we can have access to as well as some notes for the equipment and couple of general things Garry mentioned.

I've also sent out an email to everybody with Rod and Scott that should give us all of the information we need to get started. Although nobody so far as sent one back. If they don't in a couple of days I'll try again.

As far of the rest of the team apart from Pat who came to the VR lab with me, they haven't done anything. But to be fair there's not really anything for them TO do. So far all of the tech work is basically just organisational stuff which is really a one-person job.


SPONSORSHIP

Paul : Still working on contacting the games business industries.No word yet. And Dan Murphys

Nina: Still chatting to her boss at EB and Nintendo about stuff, no word yet from the businesses

Lachy: Assuming he is trying to contact those game magazines,will check up on him today.

Peter and Chris : Working on a proposal and invites for specific people in faculty and the industry.

Esther: Trying to get in touch with Torus games to get someone to talk at the exhibition(engaged sometimes)
Contacted coke, still waiting on a reply.

Will be getting updates from everyone next week to see how they are coming along

No comments:

Post a Comment